PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Groups of Four, huh?!

I don't know how it happened that I have been posting the recipes in groups of four but I intend on following through with it until the end.

Chocolate Cake: I found this recipe online and the only tweaking I did was not frosting this cake. The first time I made it Scott and I literally ate one layer of it in bed while watch Julie & Julia. It couldn't have been more appropriate of a movie and/or cake to eat while watching. Not only was the movie fantastic but it was heightened to a whole new level while eating pure heavenly chocolate cake. I should also mention when making this recipe take caution! At the very end when I added the hot coffee my cake batter ended up soupy and runny. I was super skeptical of the whole thing turning out at all. But no worries, it came out perfect and delicious!

Chocolate Chip Cookies: This was the very first recipe I added to our Tastebook only because I have this recipe recited to memory. I can't tell you how many times I have made this recipe! Honestly, it's the first cookie I remember eating growing up. The greatest part of this recipe is that it can be tweaked in various ways with what gets added at the end. For example: chocolate chips, chocolate chips & walnuts, white chocolate chips & macadamia nuts, the possibilities are endless. Enjoy this as much as our families have!

Blueberry Sour Cream Coffeecake: This recipe is a new addition to the Hastings repertoire. And a phenomenal one I might add. I love the streusel in top of this cake as well as the cake itself is awesome too! Again, when baking, ingredients like sour cream just heighten and add moisture to your baked goods. I was also very kindly complimented by my father in law at the resemblance this cake bore to Grandma Cora's. I typically bake this in a square baking dish like a Le Creuset casserole. I have also experimented by doubling this recipe without any complications.

Zucchini Bread: We love this recipe! I remember making this recipe while standing on a Toys R Us Geoffrey stool at the counter of my parents kitchen. I am sure my Mom loved this recipe as well because it got me to eat zucchini when I normally wouldn't have. There are so many memories associated with this yummy recipe, too many to mention. Most recently this recipe has been modified only by the addition of more ZUCCHINI!! This is a garden-grown favorite. There's even been offers of money for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment